Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Search for Civilization

Well, anyway, Chuck and I got up and put our ponchos on. After we were dressed, we got the bear bag down out of a tree that I had to climb the previous night and quickly devoured a ‘high-energy’ breakfast (chocolate, hard candy, pop-tarts, trail cookies, beef jerky, etc.). We saved some granola bars for food on the way and then headed out, back-tracking our trail to the road we were on last night.

But before we got started a long way, we stopped and prayed. For we had no idea who or what we would find, or if we would find anyone. We had no real solid or sure idea of where we were, but we trusted fully in God, knowing He had brought us safely thus far. We had faith He would see us through.

 We hadn’t walked more than a quarter of a mile and we were really feeling it in our legs already. At that point I prayed to myself, “Lord, give me your strength, for I can’t make it on my own!” it was that split second of the looking upward to God that I suddenly walked swiftly in a steady, untiring stride. I told Chuck that I felt  better than ever.

For I couldn’t look inward for strength—I was completely drained from the previous night’s hike. But with God’s strength, through Christ Jesus, I can do all things! 

Isn’t that awesome?!

No comments:

Post a Comment