Friday, July 29, 2011

The Fork in the Road

During the hike in the dark I came to what seemed like a triple or possible quadruple fork and there were no markers.

I sensed and felt the Lord’s leading, because without a moment’s hesitation I turned right and sure enough I saw a trail marker. Praise the Lord!

The three of us came to a steep, sloping hill going down into and along a ravine. We saw another sign which just said STS. The three of us were getting real tired but wanted to press on. We dropped off our packs at the signs near the base of the ravine and hiked on until we couldn’t see anything anymore.

 We headed back to our packs and suddenly saw another flashlight in front of us. It was Eric, leading the rest of the group! They made it, and in good time.

We got together and thought things out. Shirley needed rest and a doctor, and everyone needed to sleep. So we set up camp. 

There was one thing that we really desperately needed and that was water!  
We were nowhere near it, as far as we could see or hear. We sent Eric and Ana down the ravine with the jug and a couple water bottles.

I made a fire and we tried to comfort all the others. The girls were in tears and I was sooo thirsty. I had hiked for so long without water. I can’t express in words how much I needed a drink.

I prayed so earnestly that Eric and Ana would come back with water. The situation we were in was the most stressful ever on this trip, because we all didn’t know if we were on the right track or where we were or how we would ever get out. 

It was a time of total trust and reliance on the Lord for we didn’t know what lay ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment